Marlborough Ultimate Day Out
Full-Day Marlborough Catamaran Cruise with Wine Tour and Lunch
We invite you to have ‘The Ultimate Marlborough Day Out’. Cruise on the Marlborough Sounds, Lunch stop at a winery and a relaxing afternoon wine tasting
Combine some of Marlborough’s classic activities on this full-day tour: cruising on Marlborough Sounds to Ships Cove , enjoy a winery lunch and tasting some of the area’s world-renowned wines.
Spend the morning out cruising aboard a Beachcomber Cruises catamaran on a scenic cruise to Ships Cove, then return to Picton and be transferred down to the wine region for a lunch and wine tasting at one of Marlborough’s famous Cellar Doors.
Continue the afternoon with more winery visits and tastings.
Please Note: The ships cove cruise also acts a transfer boat for people and their luggage moving on the Queen Charlotte Track and in peak summer season this may mean quite a few luggage transfers where you will be docking at Bays along the return journey to Picton. We hope you enjoy the beautiful vistas in the Bays while waiting to move to the next stop.
- Cruise to Ships Cove with Beachcomber Cruises
- Single course lunch and glass of wine usually at – Saint Clair Vineyard Kitchen
- Wine tasting at 2-3 Wineries
- Transportation and our knowledgeable wine tour guide
The ships cove cruise also acts a transfer boat for people and their luggage moving on the Queen Charlotte Track and in peak summer season this may mean quite a few luggage transfers where you will be docking at Bays along the return journey to Picton. Hopefully you will be able to spend the time enjoying the beautiful vistas of the Bays.
If you are in Blenheim we pick you up between 8-8.15am for transport to Picton – please choose the Rate : Blenheim. If you are in central Picton you can make your way to the Beachcomber Cruises office by 8.45am. We can pick you up at one of our preloaded locations or type in your pick up address and we will pick you up there.
What do I need to bring
- Hat, jacket, sunglasses, snacks for the morning trip
- Tea and coffee are available on the boat for a small cost.
What Sets Marlborough Wine Tours Apart Regarding Private Wine Tasting
- Our private tours are a door to door service. We will pick you up from your accommodation in Picton or Blenheim and drop you off after the tour. With this, you can fully enjoy and partake in any wine tasting without having to worry about your drive back.
- While we always let our customers set the pace, with a private tour, we customise it to your wine preference. Make sure to let us know beforehand so we can make sure to visit the wineries you will most enjoy.
- All standard tasting fees for up to six cellars are included, and we can even provide a two-course lunch with wine. However, most guests prefer to have their lunch at one of the vineyards we visit during the day.
Benefits of a Private Wine Tour from Marlborough Wine Tours
- The intimate nature of a private tour puts you and your guests in complete control of the day.
- Transport for private tours is Mercedes E320 sedan or our Mercedes Valente. Both are well-appointed with air conditioning for your comfort.
- We always like to accommodate special requests, and this is much easier on a private tour. Just let us know beforehand, and we will do what we can to ensure that we provide the tour you want.
Why Trust Marlborough Wine Tours Regarding Private Group Winery Tours
Our family-run business was one of the first to offer tours of the Marlborough wine region in 1999. Since that time, we have continued to grow with the area and keep up with all the exciting changes so that our customers get the best tour possible while sampling the world-renowned wines made here. Our tour guide’s dedication to providing an entertaining and informative time is equally applicable to our private tours as our standard offerings. If you are interested in learning more about our private wine tours, contact us today.